The Clearvision team recently hit the road, stopping in Washington D.C, Philadelphia and New York to discuss all things Atlassian.
As with all Clearvision events, we weren’t just there to share our own views and experiences with agile working and the Atlassian tools. We were there to learn from the talks and discussion on the night, and as ever, it didn’t disappoint.
If you couldn’t make the evenings, want a refresh, or are simply on the lookout to find out more about Atlassian and agile working, you’re in the right place. Here’s the latest from on the road.
View the gallery: Washington D.C., NYC, Philadelphia
Think Atlassian Road Trip 2016: The Talks
“Introduction to Clearvision” – Gerry Tombs, CEO, Clearvision
- Companies are investing in collaboration – as evidenced by Atlassian’s growth and recent IPO success
- Agile tools built for collaboration are suited to all departments, not just software development teams
- Clearvision is expanding, with offices now in the UK, USA, Ireland and India to meet global demand
“Collaborate and Create – TM Forum: A Global Digital Framework” – Heidi Lobecker, Senior IT Project Manager, TM Forum
- Collaboration maturity involves evolving from exploratory to adoptive collaboration
- Engagement is essential when it comes to tool adoption
“Beyond Bits & Bytes: Using Measurement to Create Community” – Julie Holmes, Director of Strategy, Hubble
- Know what matters and know why it matters
- These are the first steps to take in order to measure the right metrics
“Enterprise Test Management in the World of Agile and DevOps” – Sanjay Zalavadia, VP Client Services, Zephyr
- Collaboration, performance and visibility go hand in hand
- Test management should be integrated with all aspects of software quality
- Integration of tools fosters collaboration and real-time visibility
“Take Control of Your Confluence Pages with Comala Workflows” – Simon Gatto, Manager of Business Devlopment, Comalatech
- Collaborate securely: stay compliant with digital signatures and page level audit logging within Confluence
- Confluence’s flexibility and numerous add-ons allow for custom, end-to-end workflows
“Selecting Your Enterprise Testing Partner” – Kevin Dunne, VP Strategy and Business Development, QASymphony
- Testing teams in the enterprise need to be stable and scalable
- Enterprise results require enterprise level solutions
- QA teams can reach far beyond traditional test case management with exploratory testing methods and tools
“What is DevOps? And: Why You Should Care” – Matt Rogish, CEO, ReactiveOps.com
- DevOps: The primary goal is to reduce friction and increase velocity, with developers and operations working closely together to benefit the business
- DevOps means thinking about prototypes, behaviours and practices, and getting the right metrics
- Continuous deployment plays a major role
“Atlassian in the Wider Enterprise: Beyond Software Development and How to Get There” – Marc Ray, U.S. Head of Client Services, Clearvision
- Teams have common needs – so it makes sense they use common tools, as we’ve seen in the widespread adoption of the Atlassian tools across HR, marketing, finance teams and more
- Workflows should be defined to each specific team
- Aim for reliably repeatable processes
- The right tools allow teams to focus on the work that counts
Not in the U.S.? No worries!
Clearvision’s next stop is London, where we’ll be hosting BBQ in the Cloud. This one day event will bring together exclusive talks from 15 tech thought leaders, covering everything from agile adoption to business strategy.
Take time away from your desk to get to grips with the latest in the world of Atlassian at the beautiful Kensington Roof Gardens this July.