Confluence Essentials (Server)
Clearvision’s Atlassian Confluence Basics Training course explains how WIKI products in general, and Confluence in particular, help organisations to collaborate.
About this course
Is this course right for me?
This course is targeted at users who are unfamiliar with Confluence.
If you are new to the tool or struggling to use it effectively, this course can help!
Objectives and outcomes
Users will dive into the system to create content.
We’ll look at managing the structure and setup of spaces with templates and help you work with attachments and files.
Finally, you’ll be able to work together through various collaboration techniques using dynamic and meaningful content macros.
-Basic knowledge of Windows/internet browser interfaces.
-Access to a laptop
1. Accessing Confluence
2. Key concepts
- The dashboard
- The browse menu
- The people directory
- The user menu
- Sign up and login
- Browse the dashboard
- Browse spaces
- Searching for a product requirements page
- Searching for a page related to offers and promotions
1. Create pages
2. Edit pages using the text editor
- Collaborative editing
3. Change page layouts
4. Create a table
- Create a page
- Edit a page
1. Sharing and notifications
3. Comments and inline comments
- Setting up favourites
- Sharing a page and using @mentions
- Add a comment
- Inline comments
- Restrict your page
- Grant access to a colleague
1. Introduction to macros
2. Text formatting macros
3. HTML macro
4. Space macros
- New lab – macros relevant to offer a proposal
- Status macro
- Warning macro, etc.
1. Page drafts
2. Copy pages
3. Deleting pages
4. Moving pages
- Create a draft page
- Resume a draft page
- Delete a page
- Create a shared page draft
1. Page history and versioning
2. Page locations and hierarchies
4. Exporting/importing pages
- Find a specific page (historical competitor analysis)
- Look at page history/information
- Find the answers to some questions
- Export to PDF
- Import a Word document
This course provided the basic capabilities of Confluence which will greatly help me in my role as a product owner, particularly collaborating with external customers.
Tom, US Navy
Download our training brochure
You might also be interested in
Our Clearvision Opsgenie Essentials training course aims to provides an understanding key Atlassian Opsgenie concepts.
Advanced Roadmaps For Jira (Cloud)
This course is ideal for new users of Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud.
EazyBI for Jira Advanced (Cloud)
This eazyBI training course aims to provide attendees with an understanding of eazyBI management and advanced data queries.