Insight for Jira Essentials
Our Insight for Jira Essentials training course aims to provides an understanding of Insight Asset Tracking concepts and the creation of valuable reporting.
About this course
Is this course right for me?
This course is perfect for anyone new to Atlassian Insight.
Objectives and outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to use Insight for Jira to perform asset management.
You will become familiar with the specific processes required to create, modify and enhance asset tracking.
-Access to a laptop.
- Course overview
- Product introduction
- Log in and access a sample Service Desk project
- Abstract object types
- Object creation and design
- Navigate the Insight interface
- Create a new object schema
- Create first object type
- Attribute types
- Create objects
- Create attributes
- Link and create relationships between object types
- Creation, viewing and editing objects
- Searching for objects
- Graphical viewer
- Build out the object schema
- Add initial objects
- Viewing custom fields
- Creating Insight custom fields
- Configuring custom fields
- Displaying custom fields on portals
- Create Jira Insight custom fields and place them on the screens
- Create a Jira issue with linked Insight data
- View the Insight data within a Jira issue
- Dashboard gadgets
- Confluence macro
- Insight Query Language (IQL) introductions
- IQL examples
- Use of IQL in JQL commands (Jira Query Language)
- Creating reports
- Searching with IQL
- User permissions
- Admin permissions
- Object type permissions
- Importing and synchronising data
- Multiple schemas
- Exporting schemas
- Importing data into Insight
“Insight for Jira is a powerful tool allowing you to track and monitor asset history. This course will explain the vocabulary so that you can get started quickly.”
Paul Christie, Clearvision Trainer
Download our training brochure
You might also be interested in
Our Clearvision Opsgenie Essentials training course aims to provides an understanding key Atlassian Opsgenie concepts.
Advanced Roadmaps For Jira (Cloud)
This course is ideal for new users of Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud.
EazyBI for Jira Advanced (Cloud)
This eazyBI training course aims to provide attendees with an understanding of eazyBI management and advanced data queries.