Jira Administration (Cloud)
This Jira Software Administration training course explores how Atlassian Jira Software can be tailored to meet specific needs with an in depth look at effective administration and configuration.
About this course
Is this course right for me?
This course is ideal for new Jira application administrators and those with the responsibility of defining projects and configurations for use within agile teams.
Objectives and outcomes
By the end of this course, you will understand how Jira can be tailored to meet specific project and processing needs.
-Access to a laptop.
-Completion of the Clearvision ‘Agile with Jira Software Essentials’ training course (or equivalent) is recommended.
2. Summary of users and groups
4. Project roles
6. Audit logs
1. Create a Jira project and project category
2. Exploring the Issue type scheme
1. Users and the user browser
2. User sign up
3. Groups and the group browser
4. Global permissions
1. Public sign up and groups
2. Add new users and create/assign groups
1. Project administration vs. global administration
4. Access control
- Project roles
- Permission schemes
- Issue security schemes
1. Create a project role and a permission scheme
2. Set up an Issue security scheme
1. Issue Type
- Issue type schemes
- Notification schemes
- Priority schemes
1. Create a new Issue type
2. Create an Issue type scheme
3. Create a notification scheme
4. View the default priority scheme
2. Custom fields
3. New options in custom fields
4. Field configuration schemes
5. Field configurations
6. Re-indexing and index recovery
1. Create custom fields
2. Define a context
3. Create a field configuration
4. Make use of a field configuration scheme
1. Understanding screen schemes
2. Screen schemes
3. Creating screens
4. Modifying screens
1. Create a screen
2. Modify screen contents
3. Implement a screen scheme
4. Implement an Issue type screen scheme
1. The visual workflow designer
2. Planning workflows
3. The status attribute
5. Mapping workflow status to agile boards
6. Workflow triggers
7. Creating a workflow
8. Creating workflow schemes
9. Workflow sharing
1. Add states into a workflow
2. Configure screens on transitions
3. Using post functions and validators
4. Configuring agile boards to match workflow changes
5. Implementing workflow schemes
6. Putting it all together
“As a 14 year veteran of Jira, I proposed this course to eight potential Admins. They learnt a lot and surprisingly, I also learnt about features and short-cuts I was unaware of, very informative!”
Ray Scott, IT Consultant
Download our training brochure
Our Atlassian training courses were designed for users of all abilities, to equip teams with the skills for success. Clearvision’s Atlassian training covers the full software development lifecycle – and includes collaboration strategies and project management techniques. Download a brochure and learn more about Atlassian training.
You might also be interested in
Our Clearvision Opsgenie Essentials training course aims to provides an understanding key Atlassian Opsgenie concepts.
Advanced Roadmaps For Jira (Cloud)
This course is ideal for new users of Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud.
EazyBI for Jira Advanced (Cloud)
This eazyBI training course aims to provide attendees with an understanding of eazyBI management and advanced data queries.