Agile and Scrum for Product Owners
Following successful completion of Clearvision's Agile and Scrum for Product Owners course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner.
About this Course
Is this course for you?
Agile product owners looking to achieve the PSPO 1 certification
Objectives & Outcomes
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Agile spectrum
- Agile manifesto – including principle sorting game
- Scrum Values – including marshmallow challenge (time permitting)
- Scrum roles – including Herculean doughnut game
- Product Backlog Iceberg – Detailed appropriately, Estimated, Emergent, and Prioritized (DEEP)
- User stories, INVEST. discovery of user roles, discover of non-functional requirements, SMART acceptance criteria
- Definitions of Ready, Done (and optionally DoneDone) – challenge for team to write these definitions – teams used to tradition methods often struggle to differentiate acceptance criteria from Definition of Done
- Ranking – manual, ROI, Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF), value formula – XP game will feature ROI ranking – if audience is advanced we might get teams to contrast that with WSJF
- Scrum ceremonies – planning, daily Scrum, review, retrospective – including XP game, intermittent reading of the Scrum Guide (for exam chasers in particular), airplane game, and/or the ballpoint game
- Experiential learning of Vision, User Story Mapping, The Lean Startup, Scrum including MyToy Lego
- Scrum Artifacts
- Forecasting including Agile Release Planning and MonteCarlo forecasting
- Scrumban and Kanban including the Name Game, GetKanban/Featureban
- Reporting including burn-up