Walk and Talk Episode 2: Consolidating Jira Instances
For our next episode of ‘walk and talk’ Paul Renshaw caught up with Dan Tombs, an Atlassian Administrator and Ops Agile Lead for a financial company based in London.
Due to the continuous evolution of Atlassian products, some of our webinars may contain old information. If you notice this, let us know, and we will do our best to update the content.
For our next episode of ‘walk and talk’ Paul Renshaw caught up with Dan Tombs, an Atlassian Administrator and Ops Agile Lead for a financial company based in London. As well as Dan and Paul this episode features a very special guest, Olive the labrador.
Paul spoke with Dan about a range of topics, from how he got started in the Atlassian ecosystem to the end of life of Server in February 2024, but the main conversation revolved around how Dan was part of a massive consolidation project that involved moving 5 different instances of Atlassian products into one Cloud-based instance with over 1200 users.
Watch the video to find out:
- Dan’s journey in the Atlassian ecosystem so far.
- Consolidating 5 Atlassian instances into 1.
- What are the steps?
- What are the big challenges involved with such a big project?
- Big bang or a phased approach?
- How can you communicate your plan to the rest of the business?
- Using both internal and external resources to get the job done.
- Migrating to the Cloud with the end of life of Server approaching very quickly
- Atlassian’s Point A program and the products Dan has started using