Avoiding the Big-Bang:
A Guide to Iterative Atlassian Migrations
Big-Bang Atlassian data migrations i.e. server to cloud, have become the norm, but lower-risk, more agile alternatives are available, adding greater value to the business.
Leading Atlassian applications, Jira and Confluence, have evolved over the years, but the method of moving data from one application instance to another has been limited by the full-backup and restore mechanisms within these products. This has led to high-risk Big-Bang data migrations, for example server to cloud and vice versa, becoming the norm. The good news is, there are lower-risk and more agile alternatives available that can deliver greater business value.
- Abstract – Do we need to move all of our data?
- Does it make sense to migrate all of the legacy data? What will we reuse? What changes to the data are needed?
- What migration strategies are most appropriate? What are the estimates of cost and risk?
- The iterative migration strategy.
- How to manage data archival and decommissioning.
- Avoiding the Big-Bang using an Iterative data migration strategy.
Browse our case studies
Explore our range of free resources and white papers!
Read our blog!
Discover our free white papers, covering all subjects from DevOps, choosing the right Service Desk and the Ultimate Guide to GIT. Informative, concise and easy to digest, contact us if you have any questions after reading through the subject most relative to you.