How To Onboard An Atlassian Expert
If you want to become one of the best Atlassian Experts in the land, you'll first need to slay some dragons...
At Clearvision the Atlassian tools are a way of life. As Atlassian’s leading partner, we pride ourselves on our understanding of how the Atlassian tools can be used throughout an organisation to improve collaboration, productivity and to manage change.
Some examples of how they’re used by Clearvision include:
- Global collaboration – Everything we do is on the CV Wiki meaning collaborating on projects between our US, Ireland and UK offices is simple.
- Agile marketing – projects are scoped in Confluence then tickets assigned in JIRA. JIRA Agile is used to track progress.
- Single Sign On – All users are managed using Crowd.
- Spectrum ALM – the CV dev team use the majority of the Atlassian stack as part of Spectrum (our ALM framework).
Clearly the tools you use and how you onboard your staff will vary significantly dependent on your industry and business. As we’re Atlassian Experts we like to have a bit of fun where we can.
We’re not just Experts, we’re dragon slayers…
Clearvision’s consultants live and breathe Atlassian (thankfully not fire). In order for our consultants to join the Clearvision round table we expect each of them, who will go on to fly the Clearvision colours with some of the most prestigious organisations around the world, to understand the Atlassian stack inside out.
You can always have a little fun along the way of course. As a true test of strength we ask our new clan members to implement an integrated Atlassian development suite.
Starting with or without JIRA, Atlassian’s ‘Here Be Dragons’ program tasks slayers to set up and configure the best Atlassian has to offer, including:
- JIRA for bug tracking.
- JIRA Agile for agile project management.
- JIRA Capture for agile testing.
- Confluence, the enterprise wiki.
- Team Calendars for a consolidated view of team events in Confluence.
- FishEye to open up your source repository.
- Crucible for code reviews.
- Bamboo for continuous integration.
When you’ve completed your quest (and you can prove it ) you’ll be sent this awesome tee (stolen off the back of one of our latest recruits):
There’s a bunch of help on Atlassian Answers (not that our Knights needed it of course…) and slayers can even promote their progress on Twitter! To get started visit atlss.in/dragonquest.
Are you worthy?
We’re always on the lookout for Atlassian fans to join the team. With the launch of ACP recently we now have two ways you can!
- Join Clearvision. We’ve trebled in size in two years and we’re still growing! To find out what roles we’re currently recruiting for click here or simply send your CV to email@example.com. Recruitment agencies and dragons needn’t bother.
- Become an Affiliate. The Affiliate Contractors Programme is a way for self-employed Atlassian pros to get work alongside Clearvision on long-term contracts. There’s a test but, if you’re worthy, we’ll have you on board! Visit clearvisionacp.com/become-an-atlassian-contractor to get started.
Don’t stop your learning here! Check out Git 101, your free one stop guide to the basics of Git, including a Git cheat sheet to help you on your way!