How to Trigger a Build in Bamboo from Stash
A guest post by Peter Van De Voorde
We assume that there is already an integration between Stash and Bamboo. If not you can follow these instructions to set this up : Integrating Bamboo with Stash
- Login to Bamboo
- Go to the Plan Configuration page.
- If the Stash Repository is already know to the plan you can skip these steps and continue with step 4.
- Go to the Repositories tab
- Click Add Repository
- Fill in the details of your Stash Repository
- Click Save Repository
- Go to the Triggers tab.
- Click Add Trigger
- Fill in the following data:
- Trigger Description: A name for your trigger
- Trigger Type: Select Repository triggers the build when changes are committed.
- Repositories: Select the repository that will trigger this build after a change is committed.
- Trigger IP Addresses: fill in the IP address of you repository server
- Click Save Trigger
- Login to Stash
- Install the following plugin if you haven’t done this already : Stash web post receive hooks plugin
- Go to your repository and select the settings tab
- Select Hooks in the left side menu
- Click on the pencil icon next to the Post-Receive Webhooks hook
- Fill in the following URL (replace <projectkey> and <buidkey> with your actual keys from Bamboo):
//<your bamboo host>/api/rest/updateAndBuild.action?buildKey=<projectkey>-<buildkey>
Enable the Hook by selecting "Enabled" next to the hook.
Feel free to share this guide, you know you want to …
More about Peter Van De Voorde
Peter is a 30-something Belgian with a passion about everything Agile, during the day he’s an Atlassian Expert and ALM Consultant at RealDolmen. In the evening he’s a family man, an active member of Atlassian Answers, the Atlassian Belgian User Group and a boardgame fanatic. Find out more at his website: www.petervandevoorde.