Representatives from Clearvision have attended Atlassian Summit since the beginning of time, but this year's a little different...
Let me explain
Every year we pack our bags and fly to Vegas for Atlassian’s biggest event; within those bags, there’s usually some serious swag.
For those who don’t know what swag is, it’s basically an item or product typically given away at events.
In the past, our swag has impressed the likes of Atlassian Founders Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar, (see t-shirt below).
I know what you’re thinking, if our swag turns such heads, why would we not take any to Summit?
Well, this year we decided to donate all of our swag money to the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) who are working tirelessly to tackle the Australian Bushfire Emergency, which has so far destroyed 10 million hectares — the equivalent of 40% of the entire UK.
Lives, homes, and an estimated 1.25 billion animals have been affected, including 30% of the entire koala population in the mid-north coast of New South Wales.
As you can see, our decision was in the interest of a worthy cause, and the money donated will go toward:
- Providing emergency funds to care for injured wildlife
- Helping restore homes for koalas and other wildlife in the future
- Planting the first 10,000 trees urgently needed in koala habitats
- Supporting the response, recovery and restoration teams in any way possible
- Putting pressure on governments to strengthen laws that prevent excessive tree-clearing