Top 5 Dos and Don'ts When Migrating From Atlassian Server to Cloud
For anyone migrating from Server to Cloud, our on-demand webinar is a must. IT Operations Manager, Lewis Lovelock, covers the top 5 dos and don’ts based on his experience of migrating Clearvision’s Confluence Server to Atlassian Cloud.
Lewis covers several topics with a Q&A at the end.
Covered in the webinar:
- Don’t slack on communication internally.
- Do test the new system, especially macros.
- Do complete gardening before you start.
- Do consider not moving all data and keeping an archive system.
- Do prepare for pushback and questions.
Also covered in the webinar:
- What was migrated, i.e. no. of users, spaces, pages, etc.
- The length of the project.
- The number of people involved in the migration.
- The issues and challenges.
- How the company has adapted to the new environment.
- Testing the migration before launch.
- The strategy, i.e. ‘optimise and shift, phase, start fresh, or lift and shift’.
- The communication/training provided to staff.
- What happened to the old site after migrating.
- The benefits.
With only two stops remaining on the roadmap to the end of life of Atlassian Server – February 2023 (end of new app sales for Server) and February 2024 (end of support for Server), it’s important to get the facts sooner rather than later.