Top 5 Dos and Don'ts When Migrating From Atlassian Server to Cloud
For anyone migrating from Server to Cloud, our on-demand webinar is a must. IT Operations Manager, Lewis Lovelock, covers the top 5 dos and don’ts based on his experience of migrating Clearvision’s Confluence Server to Atlassian Cloud.
Due to the continuous evolution of Atlassian products, some of our webinars may contain old information. If you notice this, let us know, and we will do our best to update the content.
Lewis covers several topics with a Q&A at the end.
Covered in the webinar:
- Don’t slack on communication internally.
- Do test the new system, especially macros.
- Do complete gardening before you start.
- Do consider not moving all data and keeping an archive system.
- Do prepare for pushback and questions.
Also covered in the webinar:
- What was migrated, i.e. no. of users, spaces, pages, etc.
- The length of the project.
- The number of people involved in the migration.
- The issues and challenges.
- How the company has adapted to the new environment.
- Testing the migration before launch.
- The strategy, i.e. ‘optimise and shift, phase, start fresh, or lift and shift’.
- The communication/training provided to staff.
- What happened to the old site after migrating.
- The benefits.
With only two stops remaining on the roadmap to the end of life of Atlassian Server – February 2023 (end of new app sales for Server) and February 2024 (end of support for Server), it’s important to get the facts sooner rather than later.